This is part TWO. The first Twenty-One describes what this is…dig.(archives)
1. I performed my first poem at the age of 19 at The Humidor in Cleveland, Ohio; on west 6th st. I then went on to become a regular and won 200 dollars for my poem “216”. And I have been on stage since. I am now 32.
2. Once, a mentor of mines, walked me around East Cleveland while he was dribbling a basketball and doing tricks. While walking, I had to perform my “Mary J” Poem…when I performed it the following week to a crowd of 100 at The Spy Bar, I had what seemed like an outer body experience. It was pure bliss and connection, between the audience, the people…and myself. I love him for that exercise and his teaching of techniques.
3. One of my mentors is getting married and I am just ecstatic. He deserves love.
4. I have 7 tattoos and plan on getting more.
5. I don’t have conversations on politics, war, anything involving the government. Period.
6. I have very animated and important conversations with my friend Eris’ niece, Suga B. She is 4 years old and a Sagittarius.
7. My mother is the most important person in my life.
8. I love both of my parents, unconditionally.
9. One time, in the summer, I remember my mother and I were walking down Euclid, by Playhouse Square and we saw one of my mentors. He told me that I could perform for these group of kids at this workshop that he was giving for this event that they have called Centerfest. I did. Then, he had to give a performance on Playhouse stage. The big stage, and he told me I could too. There were children and their parents in the audience, a nice crowd. I was too excited and honored. I mean a stage is a stage…and I love them. A few months later, that year, I was at the bus-stop downtown Cleveland and a young boy was standing with his mom. My afro was picked out…I was on my way to The Touch Supper Club…the young boy looked up at me, smiled and said “you that poet”, and I said “yes, I am!” smiling, and he said, smiling, “I remember you from Centerfest, you was on the big stage…you was good” and I smiled, and I said “thank you…thank you very much…” and I looked at his mom, and she was smiling at me and nodding her head…
10. My mother just told me the other day that she was walking into Rite-Aid on Harvard, and a car full of young women yelled…”Hey Kisha’s mommy, heyyyyy!! funny.
11. I met Ghostface in 2009 at Beachland Ballroom in Cleveland, Ohio. My gig and I got to hang out with him after the concert on his tour bus. highlight of my life.
12. I was born in Germany in the last month, on the last day of 1979.
13. I look in the mirror all of the time. I have since I was a child.
14. I dance in the mirror also.
15. Since I was a child I wanted to be a dancer. Like Alvin Ailey professional dancing.
16. I have been reading since I was like 17 months old.
17. My mother says I was a good baby, and a good child.
18. I am naturally clumsy.
19. I wear a size 11 women’s shoe.
20. When it rains outside, no matter what, I have to fight to make my sparkle appear when smiling.
21. I know I am to be a wife to someone… sometime…soon.